The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is proud to offer another WIDA professional development opportunity at no cost to districts.
Please distribute this in your networks and encourage the following audience to attend: Educators who work with ELs and also teach math, ESL/bilingual teachers, coaches, administrators, curriculum developers, and support staff.
WIDA WORKSHOP: Engaging ELs in Math
August 8-9 2017 ● 8:30 to 3:30 ● Dean Technical High School ● 1045 Main St, Holyoke, MA 01040 ● 1st Floor Computer Lab (Room 194) ● (413) 534-2071
REGISTRATION LINK: http://www.doe.mass.edu/conference/?ConferenceID=9549
· Please be sure to obtain all necessary administrative district permissions before registering (varies by district).
· Registrations are processed on a first come, first serve basis.
· Please double-check that you are entering your correct-email address on the registration.
· The registration confirmation only lists the first day of the workshop, but confirmation serves for all workshop days.
· State-sponsored WIDA workshops offer you PDPs, but they do not lead to an SEI endorsement on your license. Please visit the RETELL page for SEI endorsement information.
ASSURANCE OF ATTENDANCE:
This is a state-sponsored course offered at NO COST to Massachusetts educators. However, participation is not free, and therefore the application and registration require a participant’s full commitment to every date, all times, and all workshop requirements.
· Participants must commit to full attendance on all days of a workshop. We have long waitlists for workshops, so there are no exceptions to commitment to 100% attendance.
· Participants who register to a workshop and do not show up risk being excluded from future offerings.
· There are no make-up sessions, even in cases of emergency.