This spring, approximately 350 districts, over 1,100 schools and roughly 83,000 students in the state of Massachusetts will be testing the PARCC assessment system to ensure that the questions are fair, on grade level, and measure the intended skills. Over 700 of these schools have committed to testing out the computer-based exams. If the “field test” shows that PARCC is successful, then Massachusetts will consider replacing MCAS with the PARCC assessment system.
Many administrators, coaches and educators still have a plethora of questions about PARCC and we are committed to getting them answers. Please join us at one of these important community meetings to learn more about PARCC and this spring’s field test.
· March 3, 3:00-5:00--Bridgewater State University, John Joseph Moakley Center, 131 Summer St., Bridgewater, MA, 02325
· March 10, 3:00-5:00--Greater Lowell Regional Technical High School, Auditorium, 250 Pawtucket Blvd., Tyngsborough, MA, 01879
· March 13, 5:00-7:00--Boston Teachers Union Hall, 180 Mt. Vernon St., Dorchester, MA, 02125
· March 18, 6:30-8:30--Framingham State University, Dwight Hall Performing Arts Center, 100 State St., Framingham, MA, 01701
· March 20, 3:00-5:00 and 6:30-8:30--Holyoke High School, 500 Beech St., Holyoke, MA, 01040
· March 26, 6:30-8:30--Tahanto Regional Middle/High School, 1001 Main St., Boylston, MA, 01505
· March 31, 3:00-5:00--Berkshire Community College-Main Campus, 1350 West St., Pittsfield, MA, 01201
If you'd like to attend one of these community meetings, please register at the following link: http://www.doe.mass.edu/conference/?ConferenceID=1809