New Series on Curriculum Alignment & Mapping:
ESE, in partnership with the Governor's Readiness Centers, has developed a new series on curriculum mapping as a core tool for communicating about and aligning curriculum and instruction across grades, subject areas, and schools. During the series, which includes two webinars, a two-day summer institute, and follow-up activities, participants will discuss the status of curriculum mapping in their districts, gain access to exemplary models and other support resources, and use guided planning time to take their curriculum planning to the next level. The series will launch with an introductory webinar scheduled in early March (Thursday, March 7 from 9-10 a.m. or 1-2 p.m., or Friday, March 8 from 1-2 p.m.). To register for the introductory webinar, go to http://tinyurl.com/aj9q75v.
The complete series, which is funded by a Race to the Top grant, will include:
• Webinar 1: Introduction (March 7 and 8)
• Webinar 2: Mapping Common Core Shifts in ELA, Math, or History (May/June)
• Summer Institute: Guided Team Time (2-day regional institutes, June/July)
• Webinar 3: Sharing Examples (Fall 2013)
• Session at 6th Annual ESE Curriculum & Instruction Summit (Nov. 6 or 7, 2013)
• Wiki with examples and other resources
• Coaching Support
Curriculum mapping, webinars, institutes, and resources will be made available to all MA public school districts.